Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Eating at Pepper's Porch In Bluffton, NC

This is the restaurant I wrote about earlier. The exterior is covered with corrigated tin. The inside is in shambles. The legs on the tables & chairs are not the same length. The ceiling is low and dark. However, the food is excellent. Howard's gumbo was his best ever. My oyster sandwich, coleslaw and fried okra (yes...I said fried!) was incredible. It's not a meal we will repeat, but, hey, we're vacationing in the South. When in Rome, do as the Romans do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,
I remember taking Howard to a place to eat that looked something like "Peppers" (up the street from our auto repair shop on East Main Street) and Howard accused me of taking him to a "dirt floor" for lunch. He said he could tell I had lost all pride because anyone with an ounce of pride would not eat at a place like that!!!! I can't believe you got him to stop at "Peppers"!!!!!
Love you,
Mike M.

Anonymous said...

Martha,
Bluffton and Pepper's Porch is in South Carolina, not North Carolina. But I agree -- the food is excellent.

Anonymous said...

Martha,
Bluffton and Pepper's Porch are in South Carolina, not North Carolina. But I agree -- the food is excellent.