Thursday, February 21, 2008

13 X 2

Last night I attended a meeting for the new Clifton Cultural Arts Center. It was fun meeting new people who share the same interest.

One of the members seemed to know everyone who ever lived in Clifton. I was amazed at her ability to pull names out of the past. She said she knew lots of people because of her and her sibling's many friends. That took in a lot of Cliftonites since she was one of thirteen children. My ears perked up because I, too, am one of thirteen.

We could hardly believe there were two of us in the same room who had this in common.

I told the group that my mother's maiden name was Baker. She said she always wanted a "Baker's Dozen". My new friend let out a squeal because that's her father's name! Since she is yet to marry, it continues to be her's as well.

As the old saying goes...."Life is stranger than fiction".

No comments: