Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Howard and Elvis

Howard called this afternoon giving me a hundred guesses as to where he was. I had no clue. He left this morning at 4:00 am for Houston, Texas. I thought I had a pretty good idea where he would be at what time with the atlas open and the clock on the stove giving me the time.
He called a couple of times giving me his exact location. This sounds like we are a bit parnoid, but not so. It simply makes a long drive more interesting. I thought he would be in Jackson, Mississippi by then.

You probably guessed it (the photo is a clue!). He was standing in the hot sun in Memphis waiting to tour Graceland for the first time! The others waiting with him were not even born when Elvis lived.
You might wonder if he ever made it to Jackson. Yep...he's there! He should be sound asleep in the Holiday Inn by now. Tomorrow he will arrive at his sister Connie's in Magnolia...just outside of Houston.
We are going to meet in San Antonio Friday evening. We're spending the weekend with Dean & Vickie Rush. I am flying and he will be on the last leg of his solo journey. Don't think badly of me for not accompanying him. He loves these cross-country trips So do I.....as long as I'm in the air!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, mimi i love your blog! how are you? well see you soon!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Martha, I sent Howard on his way to San Antonio this morning. I hope you both have a wonderful time while you're there. Please come visit soon.
I love your blog!and I love you too!

Martha Brammer said...

Hello Connie,

Howard had a great time with you and Donnie. He made it into Cincinnati tonight an hour before my plane arrived. He left San Antonio yesterday morning. What timing!!!

Love you too. Martha

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha, Are you sure this picture isn't really Howard in his "younger days"? The word on the street is he was a real "bab magnet" back then!!!
Thanks for lunch yesterday-that was such fun.
mm