Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Friends Forever

No trip is too long when you know, at the end, a friend will be waiting for you. The recent drive to Lancaster, OH was time well spent. My dear friend Deanie Nicodemus and her husband Dr. Nick had an empty rocking chair waiting for me on the screened-in porch. Deanie and I took a trip down memory lane while Nick brewed mint tea.

Deanie has always been courageous, however, her courage has never been as impressive as it is now. She is not giving into the disease that keeps nipping at her heels. Her faith is strong. She takes the words of Jesus literally..."and lo I am with you always..." The contentment on her face which reflects what's going on in her heart says it all. Jesus says, "My peace I give unto you..." She is living proof of that promise! The little blue table is her's from early childhood. The mugs sympolize our friendship as we sipped and shared together. Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times..." That's Deanie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha