Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane

More gray hair was seen on the campus of The Cincinnati Christian University today than normal.  It was homecoming for most of us, but a special reunion for the class of 1959: their 50th Anniversary. Thanks to Facebook, five of us "friends" decided to meet for lunch today and take a trip down memory lane. 

The college served Skyline Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream, but my four friends passed that up and came to my house for salads instead.   I knew they would have second thoughts about missing  the ice cream, so I went to our neighborhood Graeter's early this morning and bought enough black raspberry chocolate chip to make all of us happy.


We licked our spoons and munched on chunks of chocolate while leafing through the 1962-65 Annuals which our friend, Phyllis (Hale) Sewell,  brought. We were all four classmates at the time. 

While the pages were a little discolored, and the jackets a bit worn, we had no trouble finding photos of ourselves and the friends who shared the campus with us. We were a family, and the fact that we still get together proves how strong a college bond can be.

Thanks to Linda Weaver, Phyllis (Hale) Sewell, Joan (Bennett) Humphries and Berti (Graham) for making my trip down Memory Lane a memorable one.  I hope we can do it again...sooner than later!

1 comment:

Hopewell said...

I hope you'll share a few "relevant" photos some day. That would be fun. I'm enjoying your blog being back. :)