Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Twelfth Night

We have not been here in Stratford "Twelve Nights", but we are going to see the play tonight. We purchased a brief version of it so we can keep up with the play. The marque says the actors will be in modern dress.

We took a double-decker bus tour today. It was fun to go out into the countryside and visit Shakespeare's parent's homestead. It was a bit like "Conner Prairie" in Indy only much older!
One chest in the main bedroom was dated 1600-something. Here we think our house in Cincinnati is old....1920.

We got off the bus and ate in a local pub; however, it was more like a garden tea room with windows on all three sides plus the ceiling. Pink & white curtains gave it a girlie look. Not what you would expect in a pub. The food was excellent ...especially the fish 'n chips. Only locals were there.

When one elderly lady heard us speak, she turned and said, "Oh...you are Americans!!!! I LOVE Americans. She left and waved as she drove her husband (more elderly than she) out of the drive. I thought it was sweet. I assured her that we loved the Brits as well.

I am using coins in this computer and they are about gone, so I'll bring this to a close.

We are having the time of our lives, but both of us are getting ready to call it quits by the end of the week and head home. Three weeks away seems to be our limit.

Cheers!

Martha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I can't believe you all are STILL over there! Geesh! Come home, already. I want to hear about the "Impressionists By the Sea". I was reading about Monet last night (and by reading, I mean stealing {borrowing} ideas). Stonehenge? I bet that was amazing. Chevy Downs played the Brown County Fall Festival last Saturday night. It was very American event with a cookout under a tent on a hot summer night with the locals.

Talk to you all soon,
Jb