Sunday, September 9, 2007

Hello From South/West England

Hello Everyone, We arrived here in Cornwall yesterday having come from London. The train ride down was amazing. The English countryside is just as I expected... charming....beautiful... peaceful...and inviting.

We are here for a week and plan to see the sights with a local tour guide whom we heard speak tonight. It seems much simplier than trying to navigate ourselves. After all we are in an area that drives on the "wrong" side of the road not to mention the narrow alley ways they call roads. It all adds up to a quaint place.

Our dwelling is an A-frame nestled among tall trees on an old estate (Clowance Estate). We walked the grounds this afternoon. The foilage is amazing. Never have we seen Rhodedenron (sp?) this lush and tall. The food is excellent...except the coffee. MUCH too strong!!! (Sorry Craig...you would love it!)

Howard is doing well. He is a great tour guide and had this trip all planned down to the "T". We traveled with one carry on each....yes...I said it right! So far it is working. It is so much easier to travel this way plus it gives me a good reason to buy a new BIG bag to bring home my purchases in!

The weather is a little cooler than we expected. Sunshine is expected all week. Very very lovely. I feel a bit guilty to have this little personal lodge with four beds empty! \Next time we will have to bring the clan.

Hopefully, they will come to our lodge and fix the new computer that was installed last week. It looks like our old Atari. A lot of things here are behind our standards, but it's fine. We are flexible.

Craig, would you get a map of England and let the kids see where we are. We are about sixteen miles north/east of "Lands End". We will tour that area tomorrow.

Okay....I think our time is up. We'll be checking in soon.

Cheers!
Howard 'n Martha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha, So glad you are enjoying your trip. I can't wait to hear the outcome of the 1 bag carry on! BLessings, Judy

PJ Librarian said...

Your trip sounds wonderful and I'm sure you will come back with great memories. My mother just returned from a tour of the UK this past week and really needed an extra bag with all the goodies she picked up for her granddaughter. Thanks for creating the blog it is nice to know how you both are doing. PAD

Tracy said...

Sounds beautiful! I'm so glad you're sharing your experiences. I let Mom and Aunt Shirley know you made it safely and were enjoying things so far. Mom said, "That's great! But I still think she could have put me in one of her suitcases!!" I told her "Nope! She didn't take a suitcase!!" Both Aunt Shirley and Mom's jaws dropped. It was cute. I continue to pray for you both! Love ya, Tracy