Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sunday Guests

Each Sunday afternoon around three o'clock the doorbell rings. I see two little faces pressed against the front window.  I don't have to guess who they are!  I know it's Rachel and Ellie.  One lives next door, and the other one lives down the street.  They come each week to play with Mimi. 

We go downstairs to the studio and make things.  They are eager to try out any medium they see.  However, colored pencils are not one of their favorites.  They like to use brushes with bright liquid colors that splash and slide all over the surface. Markers are also fun when used with stickers from my scrapbook supply. These girls are into action.  Colored pencils are boring!

When their art is finished, they go to the china cabinets and pick out a tea cup & saucer from my collection. This process takes a while. They never want to drink out of the same cup twice!  We have tea and cookies. Sunday Ellie (on the left) surprised me by bringing her own teabag.  She informed me that she liked mint better than the flavors I had. 

These girls are going to change the world, and they have already started.  At least they are changing mine...no more Sunday afternoon naps!

No comments: