Monday, March 22, 2010

New Painting

(My computer won't let me turn this photo.  It's still acting up!!!)  It was a hard decision for me to sell all my ceramic equipment two weeks ago ; however, it was a good move, and I am glad I did. The sale included a large kiln, commercial slab roller, wet saw, etc.  It took two trucks and a van to haul everything away.  Two artists went together and bought everything.  It was nice to sell it all at once.

Working with clay has been hard work. I decided it was time for a change. Watercolor has become my favorite medium.  I am making watercolored greeting cards, but I don't know what I'm going to do with them at this point.  Any ideas? 

Tonight I finished a new oil painting. I photographed it for you. It has been fun getting back into that medium as well. I started out by covering the canvas with a raw-umber acrylic glaze which I brushed on and then ragged off.  Then I painted the irises with oils, decoupaged handmade rice paper on the top and bottom before glazing it all over again with the raw-umber mixture. It measures 42"X26". 

Jason gave me the stretched canvas for my birthday several years ago.  He will be glad to know I finally got back to oils and used it.  The piece is being entered into a show this weekend.

No comments: