Monday, March 22, 2010

Hello Everyone.....I'm Back!!!

I want to thank those of you who have inquired about the blog. The fact that you have missed it is encouraging.   We have had a dreadful time with these computers, but I think Howard has fixed them!  He has devoted a lot of time to it anyway, and so far, they are working.  (I'm still having problems getting my photos imported, but it worked tonight. We'll see what happens next time.)

I'll give you a little update on what's happened in the Brammer family since my last entry.  The number one question is always, "How's Howard doing?"  Well, he is doing quite well.  Parkinson's is known for interrupting one's sleep pattern, and Howard can atest to that.  I would say that is his main complaint.  Lack of sleep for a few nights in a row will make anyone tired.  It is especially difficult for him.  Once he gets in a few all nighters, he is back to his old self.

He is still preaching at Kettering on weekends.  It is near Dayton; not far from Beavercreek where he spent a year doing the same.  The church is in the process of interviewing for a new pastor. I'm not going to be surprised if he applies.  Once he gets to know the people, he has a hard time saying good-bye.

Craig has accepted a position in Washington DC in the area of healthcare.  You can Google him and read more about it.  He will be leaving soon.  His family will remain behind which means they will continue living around the corner from us. We are extremely proud of Craig, and we anticipate him making a great contribution to the nation's healthcare.

Jason and Erin show no signs of leaving Chicago.  I thought the ice and snow would drive them this way, but not so.  Their hearts are definitely anchored in the Windy City!  Erin continues to manage the art business while he stays grounded in his studio. His latest claim to fame is in selling two original pieces to the owners of the penthouse in Chicago's Trump Towers.

I am no longer working at the coffee shop.  I found myself getting deeper and deeper into the business which was requiring more stamina than I wanted to give.  I compared it to nursing a baby.  You can't get very far away for any length of time without hearing a cry for help.  This isn't the way I had my retirement planned. I looked forward to no schedule and limited committments. I decided to leave Brutopia before I got so deeply involved I couldn't get out.

Okay....you're up to date on us, now let us hear from you.  If you have plans to come this way anytime, please add us to the schedule.  Remember we're within walking distance of Graeter's Ice Cream shop!!!

Much love to all of you,
Martha

1 comment:

Hopewell said...

Patrick will be heart-broken about you leaving Brutopia! He has asked about daily when we are going back to see you!!
Regards,
Lisa