Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Finally Found It!!!

In the beginning of my blog, I wrote about my sister, Margaret, living here in Cincinnati while her husband, Pete Kennedy, was a student at the University of Cincinnati. When her first child was born, she asked mom if one of us kids could come up for the summer and help her. I was selected.

I fell in love with the area. I liked living near all the action, especially the corner drugstore where they sold lime sherbet. That was a new taste for me and one I never got over.

Since moving here, I have driven all over the area looking for the house. I could not locate it. After calling my sister this week, I knew why; I was on the wrong street. It was Clifton Ave. not Ludlow. Today I went down and took this picture. The house is 55 years older than it was then. The back and side yard has been paved into a parking lot. The exterior cries for help. Otherwise, it is the same. I only live a few blocks away. I have come full circle.

No comments: