Thursday, May 15, 2008

This and That

I have not been out with my camera this week. It has been raining cats 'n dogs. Tonight the water is running across the laundry room floor toward the drain in our basement. This only happens when we have a downpour. We had one today!

Howard and I are making plans to lead a tour to Israel and Germany in June 2010. The tour will include the passion play at Oberammergau as well as all the sights in and around Jerusalem. We are meeting in Indianapolis Saturday morning at the Traders Point Christian Church @ 10:00 for anyone who is interested in going or wants information concerning the trip.

I'll give you a little update on the Brammers. Howard is still working with the Beaver Creek Christian church near Dayton. He is enjoying his time there. The people are delightful and seem appreciative of him being there. They are in the process of locating a new minister. Howard is helping them in this endeavor.

He spends a day and a half working with the Cincinnati Christian University as special assistant to the president. He enjoys working with David Faust who has been a friend for many years. He is also working with her old college roommate, Wally Rendel. He and Wally have come full circle.

I have been volunteering with the Clifton Cultural Art Center in helping set up their Open House which will be the 25th of this month. I posted photos of the building recently. It is beautiful and will be the perfect home for the arts.

Since writing has always intrigued me, I have wanted to join a writing group for a long time. When we moved to Cincinnati, I was introduced to the perfect one. Each person is serious about writing. We show up weekly with our manuscript in hand. Lisa McKenzie is a great teacher. I am having the time of my life learning from her. I never knew writing would be so fulfilling.

I have been teaching preschool kids at the Beaver Creek Church on a part-time basis. Howard and I will soon be co-teaching on marriage. I hope ours holds together until the class is over! We are looking forward to it. It has been a long time since we have taught on the subject.

I will close with the hopes you all are doing well. It is always a delight to get your emails.

Love,
Martha

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Martha, I love your blog - though sorry to have discovered it this late. I am glad to hear you and Howard are staying busy with rich things that are certainly benefiting the lives of those around you. I miss you! God bless you this summer.

P.S. I am trying to get my parents to sign up for your 2010 Israel/Germany trip. Perhaps you can help recruit them.

The Clifton House said...

Hi, Martha!

What a surprise to see your
lovely comments about The
Clifton House on the web!

Thank you!

Hope to see you soon!

Nancy