Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Back Home Again In Indiana......"

It will probably surprise you as much as it did me when Howard and I looked at each other recently and said, "Let's go home!"  We have lived here in Cincinnati three years now: three good years I might add.  Being around the corner from our family provided an opportunity to know our grandkids better and become acquainted with the neighborhood kids they call friends.  All of them are wonderful people who are in the process of making the world a better place.

We have enjoyed meeting new people, but it is not the same as the ones that come with some history between you.

Craig recently moved to Washington D.C. to work on the nation's healthcare. We are not moving because he no longer lives here, but it did change the dynamics of our lives some what.  His family will remain behind.  His wife will continue with the neighborhood theatre she and a friend started. The coffee shop has a big question mark on the door (not literally.) I stayed with it long enough to know it was not my calling in life. 

We don't know where we will live in Indy, but I'm pretty sure  it won't have a yard to mow.  Our next step is to cull through everything we own and take ONLY what we need....what a job!

I've heard it said, "You can never go home again."  We'll put it to the test and let you know if it's true or not!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

hooray!

Hopewell said...

I say that so often! Let's go home to Indy or even to S Indiana! I'm so happy for you guys!